Skip to navigation | Skip to main content | Skip to footer


Catering on campus

When procuring catering ensure you are using a reputable supplier who is on the current University nominated supplier list.

Please DO NOT undertake any catering of your own as you could be putting yourself and the University at risk. Serious contraventions of food safety legislation can result in the possibility of a 20,000 fine and / or 6 month imprisonment.

Certain buildings have commitments with caterers and only these caterers have the rights to serve in these areas. Barnes Wallis, Renold Building, Staff House, MIB, The Refectory - FoodOnCampus Christies Bistro, Whitworth Hall, Whitworth Corridor, Council Chamber - RW Bespoke Hickman's - Avenance.


If the sale of alcohol or public entertainment is involved you must either use venues which have a Premises License or pay for a temporary events notice (a TEN). Any building may have up to 12 such notices a year. The TEN will be applied for by the on-campus caterers for which there will be a charge of 40; however at least 20 working days is needed to get the approval through.

If you are giving away alcohol, for example a free reception or wine to guests invited to a function, you do not need to use licensed premises nor do you need a TEN. If however you sell tickets for an event which distributes 'free' alcohol, for example tickets sold for a departmental Christmas party at which alcohol was given away, you would need to hold the event in licensed premises or apply for a TEN. Any event which provides music either live or recorded and invites members of the public will require either a TEN, or to be held in licensed premises. In all cases any supplier of alcohol must be a premises license holder with Off Sales permissions.


FoodOnCampus are the University in house caterers.

For requirements on the Oxford Road Campus
May Byrom - 57277
Jassentha Cotton -52751

For requirements on the Sackville Street Campus
Linda Durkin -64083

Should you have special requirements then you may wish to contact the managers of these catering areas:

Jonathan Minshull
Clare Booth - Oxford Road -
Lorraine Crippin - Sackville Street -
Edit Catering Calendar
View Catering Calendar

Impact Catering

Contact: Email address
Tel: 0161 707 8129
Address: 710 Bolton road, Pendlebury, M27 6EW

Taste Manchester (FoodOnCampus)

Contact: Taste Manchester or Jess Freeman
Manager: Mike Lazarou - 275 7273
Tel: 57277 or 52751
Alcohol license: Y


Tel: 57702
Christies' email

RW Bespoke Caterers Ltd.

Contact: Andrea Saunders
Tel: 57702
Alcohol license: Y
Address: Christies Bistro

Celia Clyne Banqueting Ltd

Contact: Email address
Tel: 0161 705 1223
Alcohol license: Not for resale
Address: Unit 2A Warth Industrial Park, Warth Road, Bury, BL9 9NB

Flying sandwich Ltd.

Contact: Email address
Tel: 0161 480 4615
Alcohol license: N
Address: 172 Chestergate, Stockport, SK3 0BQ

First Taste

Contact: Email address
Tel: 0870 444 8786
Alcohol license: N

Green Plate

Contact: Andy Lockhart
Tel: 07779257721
Alcohol license: N
Address: Unit 20 Windrush Millennium Centre, 70 Alexandra Road, Moss Side, M16 7WD


Contact: Helen Taylor
Tel: 0161 236 3112
Alcohol license: N
Address: 71 Mosely Street, Manchester, M2 3JB

KRO Catering

Contact: Email address
Tel: 0161 975 9146
Alcohol license: Y
Address: 110 Heaton Moor Road, Heaton Moor, Stockport, Cheshire, SK4 4NZ


Phone: 3301679


Phone: 606 7200 (Manchester Incubator Centre)
Contact: Pauline

MBS Restaurant (currently closed)

Phone: 56301
Fax: 56488
To book a table email:

Popolino's Pizza

Phone: 273 3335
Delivery available on large orders

Royal Northern College of Music Brodsky restaurant

Phone: 907 5353
To book a table email: Louise North


Contact Name: Muky
Phone: 257 3922 / 225 5785
Fax: 257 0079

Tai Pan

Phone: 273 2798