Research Support Services (RSS)
Support for new applications
If you wish to submit a new application or receive advice for preparing an application, including EU, please email email@example.com. Your query will be assigned to a Research Support Officer who will become your named contact. The Research Support Officers are Anna Humble and Natalia Stefanovic. If your award is successful your named contact will continue to provide support, liaising with funders, costings, recruitment and contracts.
ALL research applications, no matter how small must go through the Research Support Team.
Please let the team know as soon as possible of your intention to submit a proposal, even if speculative.
Support for current projects
Queries about existing projects can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or your named contact. A named Research Support Officer will be assigned to each existing project, and financial support will be provided by Manny Singh and Terry Williams.
Post Doctoral Research Assistant (PDRA) recruitment process
The Research Support Team provide the link between academics and the HR processes associated with PDRA recruitment. Your named contact acts as the single point of contact, for academic staff throughout the whole recruitment process.
This workflow document is in place to:
- Provide a workflow across the organisation to provide clarity of process for all staff engaging in the recruitment of research staff onto externally funded projects.
- Provide a standard response and/or turnaround times for key parts of the process.
- Clarify overall responsibility, including a single point of contact, for academic staff throughout the whole recruitment process.
Information and guidance
If you have any grant/funding related queries please contact us.
- Information for new academics - including funding opportunities
- Examples of grant applications
- Internal reviewing of grant proposals
- Electronic Submission Systems
- Inviting a visiting researcher
- Local guidance on sabbaticals
- REF reviewing guidelines
- Research seminars
- SCS general information - sample wording for proposals