Expense claim form
Please use the online system found in your Staff Portal
- Claimant's name.
- Claimant's signature.
- Claiment's date of birth.
- Staff must provide University of Manchester Staff Number (found on pay slip).
- Non Staff must provide bank details.
- Staff must state the reason for the claim.
- In the case of non staff all account information can be completed by the finance office.
- All forms must have an account code and an Income and Expenditure (I & E) code.
- Staff and Students must obtain authorised signature from the account holder (box at top of page).
- The authorised signature section is for Phillip McDonald or the Principal Investigator on a project to sign. If the expense claim is for over £1000 Liz Caine will also need to sign.
- The finance office recommends that you keep a copy of submitted claim forms for your own record.
This will be a 7 digit code beginning with AA, BA, CA, LA, MH, P or R
If you are claiming on a code beginning with P or R you will need to enter a task code.
The most common tasks are:
- A05 for travel and subsistence
- A07 for consumables and small equipment
- All other account codes do not need a task.
I & E codes
These relate specifically to your expense
The most frequently used are:
- Hotels in the UK: 4240
- Hotel Abroad: 4241
- Flights within the UK: 4331
- Flights outide of the UK: 4332
- Taxis: 4314
- Trains: 4333
- Bus: 4334
- Ferry: 4330
- Food and drink: 4150
A more complete list if I & E codes is available here.
Claiming for petrol
When claiming for petrol please use either the online expense form (staff) or the PR7 (non-staff)
The I & E code is: 4310
The rates of reimbursement are:
- 40p per mile for the first 150 miles
- 25p per mile thereafter